Thursday 26 November 2015

Creating Infographics THING 21

I explored Easel.ly for this task. I found it very limited in what you can do with it. I was trying to use a template and my Title was Science /Technology for Girls. As it was recently science week. I was focusing on statistics for this :The amount of girls doing Science/Tech as a subject at secondary school (chemistry/physics/computers) and going on to third level also highlighting the amount of women in the Science/Technology field in the work sector.

No matter where you turn, the stats are grim. Today, women hold only 27 percent of all computer science jobs, and that number isn’t growing. This is unsurprising when we take into account how many women are actually studying computer science in college; less than 20 percent of bachelor’s degrees in computer science go to women, even though female graduates hold 60 percent of all bachelor’s degrees.
As women continue to make strides in fields like law and medicine, the gap in the tech industry has many wondering exactly what the culprit is. Many chalk up the difference to a lack of female role models in STEM fields to begin with. 

Cited from Forbes Woman.

Having tried using Easel.ly as stated above I didn't like the total structure and limitation of it, so I didn't post up what I tried to do as I didn't feel it was visually explanative as an infographic to display my info or my stats. Between using the basic Vhemes(visual themes) anything extra was at purchase price for pro vhemes or objects, So for me I would prefer to use Powerpoint as it is more personalised in a creative way. 
However I do believe Infographics are the way forward in the marketing world if done correctly. They are fast at getting the message across and I feel visual works much better with advertising/displays/marketing of well pretty much everything really!




No comments:

Post a Comment